Most people engage in many activities during summer. This results to a change in their schedules and stressful circumstances. There are things which you can do to ensure wellness in the warmest months of the year. Here's a short list of the things you must observe daily.
1) Sleep and wake up at the same time every day. Even though you don't have much work during summer, you must try your best to adhere to your regular schedule. Contrary to popular belief, sleeping or waking up at a later time than what you're used to can get you more stressed. Keep your body rhythm to avoid mental and physical health issues.
2) Exercise and eat well. Choose healthy and whole food over junk food. Too much salt, sugar and preservatives in canned and junk food can pose problems not only to your physical health but also to your mood and mental condition. Also, you must need to break in sweat in order to release the toxins in your body. You can do this by engaging in physical activities and exercise routines. If you find exercise routines boring and difficult, engage in games and other activities that interest you.
3) Limit your alcohol consumption. If you're suffering from any psychiatric symptoms, you must regulate your alcohol consumption. In fact, you must not take alcohol at all. Alcohol can help you forget your problems for a short time but it won't solve any of them. Alcohol consumption can only worsen your mental issues.
4) Connect with people you trust for emotional support. You can achieve good mental health by surrounding yourself with people who are willing to listen to you without judgment. Choose a couple of friends and relatives who you can meet regularly especially when you need to unload some personal thoughts and feelings.
5) Consider tracking your mood. There are tools which used in tracking a person's daily mood. Below is a video of an app which you can download and use for free. (I'm not endorsing it, I just found it online.) By tracking your mood, you will know the things you need to do or avoid in order to condition yourself and achieve summer wellness.